Curriculum is comprised of:
- The Who - Students constructing understanding.
- The Why - What is the driving purpose of the school?
- The What - What do we want the students to understand, know and be able to do?
- The Whether - How will we know?
- The How - How will we get them there?
Consists of a profile of the students. It is a description of the students in the school/classroom in terms of what makes them diverse and similar including: language, culture, previous experience, achievement levels and interests.
The Mission - a statement of the school's driving purpose in relation to its particular 'who'. It should be:
- Tightly connected to the learning that takes place in the classroom.
- Indicative of the kind of students that the school aims to produce.
Post a Comment